Rea Azalea Manual Wheelchair
£2,501.00 Exc VAT
£3,001.20 Inc. VAT
The Rea Azalea is a tilt in space wheelchairs which has been designed to manage all aspects of postural support and comfort. There is a wide choice of options and adjustments, with the option of both transit or self-propel rear wheels.
The Rea Azalea is able to accommodate a range of positioning requirements, with the tilt and recline feature it is easy to adjust using the attendant gas pistons for light and effortless positioning. There is an option to have this as an electrical controlled version for independent control of posture and comfort. Every aspect of the wheelchair and seating system has been designed to be adaptable for the perfect level of support and postural management.
With Stability being a strong feature of the Rea Azalea, DSS (Dual Stability System) has been built into every wheelchair. When tilting and reclining, the seating system moves forward and down inside the frame. This weight shifting guarantees exceptional stability is maintained. Furthermore, the pivot points of the Rea Azalea match the natural pivot points of the person for synchronised movement between the body and wheelchair, which ultimately reduces the risk of sheer and pressure.
In addition to the multiple adjustments in the chair, the Azalea has a large assortment of options and accessories, which will guarantee a solution for a wide range of postural challenges.
Why we recommend
- Part of the Invacare range, the Rea Azalea has been built with ultimate comfort in mind offering a range of positioning requirements. There’s a great range of sizes and adjustments available. The Rea Azalea is a good choice if you’re looking for a crash tested wheelchair that’s suitable for travelling in (headrest must be used)
- Custom-made wheelchair
- Transit wheels are available for attendant propulsion, or a variety of self-propel wheels are possible for the moderately active individual
- Seat tilt and backrest recline
- Excellent seating comfort
- Removable, swing-away footrests allow easier transfers on and off the wheelchair
- Elevating leg rests as standard
- Solid tyres provide protection from punctures
- Choice between the Flex 3 backrest plate or Flex 3 tension adjustable backrest for ultimate comfort
- Lateral supports
- Padded sides
- Seat cushions
- Rear and castor wheel options
- Tension adjustable backrest
- Bodypoint harness/belt/ankle huggers
- Frame colour
- Half or full tray
- Heavy duty version available
Seat width 390 – 590 mm (15 – 23 in) Seat depth 430 – 500 mm (16.9 – 19.6 in) Seat height 400 – 450 mm (15.7 – 17.7 in) Seat angle -1° to 23° (+1° to 25° Std) Backrest angle 0° – 30° Backrest plate height 560 – 790 mm (22 – 31 in) Backrest tension adjustable height 540 – 715 mm (21 – 28 in) Length of footrests 330 – 500 mm (13 -19.6 in) Armrest height 240 – 360 mm (9.4 – 14 in) Weight 34 kg SWL 135 kg (21 st) Warranty 2 years Crash Tested Yes
Do you have a disability
or long term condition?
Find our showroom
Talk to an expert 01473 741 144
Free expert advice
Full product set up & delivery
Training & best practise tips
Complete aftersales support