Felgains Stride Concealment Trolley
Maintain safe patient handling in care after death
The Felgains Stride Concealment Trolley provides dignity for deceased patients during transfer from a hospital bed to the mortuary. This mortuary trolley has a modern frame & cover, and a PowerDrive system that allows for dignified transport of deceased patients whilst reducing the manual effort for porters and mortuary staff.
- Electric height adjustment with a dignified removable cover and flushfold siderails for easy lateral transfers
- Intuitive PowerDrive system for easy manoeuvrability both indoors and outdoors
- Extra large 200mm castors enable smooth driving, with central braking function
- Hassle-free charging with retractable cable reel that minimises plug breakages
Maintain safe patient handling in care after death
We talk a great deal about safety and dignity in patient handling. Why should we abandon this as soon as a patient passes away? The message NHS Trusts gave us was that mortuary transfer trolleys are no longer fit for purpose. So we acted.
The Stride concealment trolley enables 21st-century care after death, with a modern frame & cover, a PowerDrive system that allows for dignified transport of deceased patients and reduced manual effort for porters and mortuary staff.
The Stride’s PowerDrive system is the most intuitive of its kind, featuring sensors that feel the operator’s input on the push bar and translate this into smooth electric drive support. This PowerDrive system means the operator uses significantly less effort when manoeuvring the trolley – especially important when you consider that most journeys to hospital mortuaries may involve a long journey with slopes, adverse cambers, thresholds and more.
Strong construction and heavy-duty bumpers mean this concealment trolley is built for the rigour of portering services, both indoors and outdoors. The stability of the trolley allows for much smoother and more dignified transport of deceased patients. And the flushfold siderails of the trolley platform allow for easy patient transfers from the hospital bed onto the concealment trolley.
The concealment frame with a heavy-duty removable vinyl cover is discreet and dignified. The support bars easily lift off so porters can use correct manual handling techniques for lateral transfers. Hooks mounted on both sides of the trolley safely store these removable support bars during patient transfers.
The smooth surfaces of the platform, frame and vinyl cover are all easy to clean – essential for infection control and prevention.
The Stride Concealment Trolley has a retractable cable reel for hassle-free charging that minimises plug breakages.
Speak to an expert today about how we can help you improve dignity and reduce moving & handling injuries amongst your porters and mortuary staff.
Request a free trial of the trolley here to try it to see the difference for yourself in your hospital.
- Trolley Top Length: 1900mm
- Height Adjustment: 440 – 810mm
- 590mm W (705mm ext.) – SWL 300kg / 47st
- 700mm W (815mm ext.) – SWL 300kg / 47st
- 850mm W (965mm ext.) – SWL 300kg / 47st
- 1000mm W (1115mm ext.) – SWL 500kg / 78st
Cover graphics and other customisation options are available, please contact us to find out more
- Disconnect the Trolley from the electricity supply before carrying out decontamination procedures.
Basic cleaning information
- Only use disinfectants designed for cleaning healthcare equipment i.e. Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate (NaDCC), Sodium Hypochlorite (NaOCL) or similar (up to 10,000 ppm available chlorine).
- Do not use alkaline or acid chemical products. Do not use abrasives (scouring powder), scourers or other materials / agents which could damage the bed coating. Do not use caustic or corrosive substances to clean the bed. Do not use chemical substances which may affect the finish of the bed, such as acetone, petroleum etc.
- It is recommended that only CE marked cleansers & disinfectants are used to clean the beds. shall not be liable for any damages caused using inappropriate detergents or disinfectants.
- Do not use phenol based disinfectants.
The Felgains trolley should be cleaned and disinfected as per the ‘Cleaning Regimes’ table below or in line with local infection control policy: –
Level of cleaning
Areas to be cleaned
1. Daily Cleaning
All exposed surfaces of the bed: –
Ø Head and foot boards
Ø All areas of Stowable Safety Rails
Ø Exposed areas of mattress platform
Ø Accessories (handsets, IV pole, push handles etc.)
2. Clean before every use
Trolley parts stated in (1) and: –
Ø All the areas of the mattress platform. The upper parts of the undercarriage.
Ø Connecting conduits between mattress platform and undercarriage.
Ø Freely accessible metal parts of the mattress platform.
Ø Bumper wheels (x4).
Ø Central braking system levers.
3. Complete Cleaning and Disinfection
All parts of the Trolley stated in (1) and (2), and: –
Ø All the metalwork under the mattress platform.
Ø All areas under the mattress platform.
Wearing suitable protective clothing, clean all surfaces with a disposable cloth soaked in a neutral detergent and hand hot water, being careful with the beds electrical parts. Start by cleaning the upper sections of the bed and work along all horizontal surfaces. Work methodically towards the lower sections of the bed and clean the wheels last.
Take extra care to clean areas that may trap dust or dirt. Rinse with clean water and dry with disposable paper towels. Allow the cleaned parts to dry before replacing the mattress.
After cleaning the bed as described above, wipe all surfaces with Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate (NaDCC), Sodium Hypochlorite (NaOCL) or similar at a concentration of 1,000 parts per million (0.1%) of available chlorine. Wipe dry with a clean dry cloth. In the case of pooling body fluids,
e.g. blood, the concentration of NaDCC or NaOCL should be increased to 10,000 parts per million (1%) of available chlorine. Wipe dry with a clean dry cloth.
We warrant in the event that:
- Any fabricated structure failure is found within (15) fifteen years from the date of invoice due to faulty workmanship.
- A part or parts of plastic not covered by the above warranty, are found within (5) five years from the date of invoice to have a structural defect.
- All electric parts not covered by the above warranty are found to have a manufacturing defect within (2) two years from the date of invoice.
- The stretcher cover not covered by the above warranty, is found within (1) one year from the date of invoice to have defect. This includes faulty cover material and faulty seam welding.
- Any externally supplied moving parts including springs, castors, hydraulic rams, gas struts, pivots etc not covered by the above warranty, are subject to third party warranties or found within (1) one year from the date of invoice to have a structural defect.
- Removable/ rechargeable batteries not covered by the above warranty are found to have a manufacturing defect within (3) three months from the date of invoice.
- The purchaser, within (14) fourteen days of discovery of the defect or defects gives written notice to Felgains, and:
The defect or defects are not due to:
- Cosmetic issues such as fading, crazing, discolouration.
- Lack of maintenance as per minimum requirements.
- Vandalism, negligence, abuse, accidents, improper installation or normal wear and tear.
- Products tampered with or altered, modified or repaired by anyone when not approved by Felgains.
- Conditions such as close proximity to salt and extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- Non-adherence to cleaning and care instructions.
- Permeation of fluid substances into foam.
- Incorrect usage of electric parts as per the operating directions.
Do you have a disability
or long term condition?
Find our showroom
Talk to an expert 01473 741 144
Free expert advice
Full product set up & delivery
Training & best practise tips
Complete aftersales support