Raizer 2 Lifting Chair
£3,997.00 Exc VAT
£4,796.40 Inc. VAT
The Raizer 2 Lifting Chair is the new and improved truly single-handed solution to lifting someone who has fallen. Faster, stronger, and more stable than traditional inflatable lifting cushions, the Raizer 2 Emergency Lifting Chair is an ideal solution for transferring someone who has fallen to a sitting or standing position.
Available via NHS Supply Chain. NPC: FES11386
How does it work?
The Raizer 2 is made up of seven large parts: four legs, two backrest pieces, and the seat, which holds the motor mechanism.
When responding to lift elderly or disabled people after a fall, simply slide the seat under the fallen person’s knees, click the backrest pieces and legs in place (there will be a beep when each is correctly inserted) and use the remote control to gently raise the chair. The person will be raised with the chair until both themselves and the Raizer are in an upright seated position. Both the movement and seated position are stable, controlled and dignified – perfect for shared spaces, such as care homes or public places.
Improvements over the Raizer I
The Raizer 2 is even easier to assemble. All leg sections are identical and nothing is ‘handed’ so it is virtually impossible to assemble incorrectly. There is an audible beep with a unique tone when each section is inserted correctly into the seat unit, so you can be sure it is correctly assembled before lifting. The Raizer 2 is also IP52 rated, meaning all surfaces are safe and easy to clean and disinfect.
- Quick, safe and stable operation minimises distress and discomfort for the person who has fallen.
- The users’ feet maintain contact with the floor throughout the lifting process, which helps them feels more stable.
- Once assembled, the mechanism lifts in an upright chair position for a very natural and dignified transfer.
- Ease of assembly and speed of operation allows a fast emergency response – typical operation including assembly is about 3 minutes.
- A supportive back and seated position enables one-person operation, saving both time and money.
- No physical effort is required to operate the Raizer 2, so there is significantly less risk of musculoskeletal injury to carers.
- The exceptionally long battery life provides falls response teams and ambulance services with a reliable solution that will last several shifts.
- The Raizer 2 can be charged inside any vehicle, and is lightweight and easy to transport.
- A remote control and seatbelt are included as standard. The seatbelt can be moved upwards to function as a thoracic support belt instead if required.
- The Raizer 2 seat unit is now lighter and more ergonomic to carry.
Raizer I Raizer 2 Ease of Assembly Colour coded lifting arms and backrests for easy assembly All lifting arms and backrests are identical, making it impossible to assemble incorrectly. Safety Features Microswitches – to prevent use when assembly is incomplete – on lifting arms only. Each component gives an audible beep upon correct insertion, with a different tone upon completion. Sensors on every component entry point mean that a lift cannot be commenced unless the chair is correctly fully assembled. A warning beep will sound if this is attempted. Safe Working Load (SWL) 150kg (24 stone) 150kg (24 stone) Weight
Seat Unit: 9kg, Backpack: 4kg
Seat Unit: 8.5kg, Backpack: 4.5kg
Seat unit is 0.5kg lighter, so it is easier to carry.
Warranty 2 years 2 years Cleaning Clean with Disinfectant Wipes Clean with Disinfectant Wipes. IP52 rating and designed for easier decontamination between uses. Handling & Transportation Carry bag for lifting arms and backrests Seat Unit scalloped to fit around the leg when carrying. Backpack with moulded component storage and large visual assembly guide to make assembly simpler. Seatbelt Fixed position seatbelt attached to the seat unit Removable seatbelt that attaches to the backrests. Can be slid up and down to provide support either around the waist or the thorax.
To lift elderly people off the floor has until now been physically challenging, but the easy assembly and lack of required physical effort has made the Raizer 2 a widely adopted tool. It’s currently used by:
- Care homes
- Leisure centres
- Ambulance services
- Individual carers
- Cruise Ships
Lightweight and compact, it’s easy to transport, and the in-car charger means it’s always ready to go.
Due to its simplicity and versatility, it can be used in virtually any situation where falls response is required – for example cruise ships! check out what Fred. Olsen Cruise Line’s company nurse has to say about the Raizer;
- SWL: 150kg/24 stone
- Seat dimensions: W6860mm x D257mm x H190mm
- No. of lifts on full battery: 80
- Total Weight: 13kg (seat motor unit: 8.5kg, Legs 4.5kg)
- IP52 ingress protection
- Warranty: 2 years (please note, a service is required after 12 months of purchasing your Raizer 2 in order to protect your warranty)
- Can the Raizer 2 be used outside?
Yes, the Raizer 2 can be used inside and outside. It’s been tested on grass, gravel and paving slabs as well as all types of indoor floor surfaces like lino, carpet and tiles.
- Is it really possible for one person to lift someone who has fallen?
Yes, there is absolutely no manual lifting involved – all that is required is for an assistant to operate the controls to lift the person who has fallen.
- How long does the battery last?
On a fully charged battery, the Raizer 2 is capable of up to 80 lifts. A single lift is possible on a 10 minute charge.
- Will the Raizer 2 work in spaces where there is no room for a hoist?
Yes, the Raizer 2 requires little more than the footprint of a fallen person for its operation and there’s no need for the turning circle that would be necessary when using a hoist.
- Is it easy to work out what goes where?
All the leg sections are identical and no sections are ‘handed’ – so it is virtually impossible to assemble incorrectly. There is an audible beep when each section is inserted correctly into the seat unit.
- How high does the Raizer 2 lift a person?
The Raizer 2 can lift someone either to a seated position or to a perching position for very easy transfers once the lift is completed. The lift can also be stopped at any point and reversed if necessary.
- Can the Raizer 2 be used outside?
“I purchased a Raizer Emergency Lifting Chair in the first quarter of 2016 on behalf of Lincolnshire Partnership Foundation NHS Trust.
We have used it as required on our Dementia and Functional wards within an older adults’ mental health setting. Anecdotally staff are so pleased with this product. It allows an amazingly fast and dignified response to a fallen patient. Once the usual protocols are followed and the patient is cleared to be stood or sat up, it is so quick and easy to use.
Its simple colour-coded systems allows for an easy quick assembly, it allows for a much more dignified operation as compared to hoisting, without the complication of choosing and fitting the correct sling and it can be used in small spaces where the hoist is difficult to access.
With its remote control option, the number of staff needed can be reduced to one with an individual risk assessment, though we recommend two for our staff as there is a need to support the head and a two person assist makes for a more patient-centred operation.
An amazing product empowering staff to act with confidence, which transfers to patient confidence and reducing anxiety. Having the bonus of stopping at any stage to allow patients to harmonize themselves to their surroundings or stay sitting whilst extra observations can be ascertained is advantageous for all.
Once stabilised the patient can be raised into a perching position for easy exit and mobilised to a suitable alternative seating or bed space.
Absolutely brilliant, as it can be used in physiotherapy to lower a patient to the floor on a mat for rehabilitation. As an ex-engineer I just wish I had designed it!!! Thank you for supplying such an innovative product.”
Adrian Marston, Trust Lead for Moving and Handling, DSE and Back Care,
Senior Clinical Physiotherapist, Lincolnshire Partnership Foundation Trust.
Do you have a disability
or long term condition?
Find our showroom
Talk to an expert 01473 741 144
Free expert advice
Full product set up & delivery
Training & best practise tips
Complete aftersales support