FreedomChair A061 Electric Wheelchair
The FreedomChair A06L is a powerful folding electric wheelchair for users who like to enjoy life outdoors, drive on uneven surfaces like gravel, grass or cobblestones, or want to get around in the winter. With airline-friendly lithium batteries, the A06L can be folded in one easy movement, and taken on planes, coaches or transported in the boot of a car.
Highly manoeuvrable, the FreedomChair A06L is compact enough to be used indoors too and once folded, fits into most car boots and takes up very little space for storing indoors.
Why we recommend
- The FreedomChair A06L is ideal if you’re looking for a portable powerchair suitable for outdoor use, or as an alternative to a boot scooter that can still be used indoors. It offers exceptional build quality for regular reliable use. It is lightweight enough to be lifted into the car by an able-bodied person. Otherwise, we recommend a two-person lift or a car hoist.
- The FreedomChair A06L can be easily folded in just seconds into a compact trolley that can be wheeled around using the freewheel mode. The compact design makes it very easy to transport by car or plane and storage space needed inside an apartment or cruise ship cabin is minimal.
- Airline approved lithium-ion batteries make it the perfect travel powerchair, with a battery test certificate available.
- Use up to 2 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries to give yourself twice the power and range. Each battery has a range of up to 9 miles, so a total of 18 miles may be possible depending on terrain and user weight. An adaptor cable is included for more convenient off-board charging.
- With a compact turning radius, the A06L is more manoeuvrable than a mobility scooter in restricted areas such as retail spaces and lifts. Steering with the joystick is very intuitive and can be left or right-handed.
- Electromagnetic brakes automatically hold you on a hill as soon as the joystick is released.
- Flip-up armrests make it easy to transfer on and off the powerchair from the side and allow you to get closer to a desk or table.
- A built-in USB charging port under the joystick means you can top up your smartphone on the move. There is also a bright LED light that can be turned on to light your path ahead.
- A handy under-seat bag and back storage compartment provide plenty of space for carrying personal items. A durable travel bag is also included.
- Anti-tippers with shock-absorbers are fitted as standard.
- Attendant control kit
- Seat widening kit
- Cup holder
960 mm (37.8 in)
589 mm (23 in)
589 mm (23 in) L x 589 mm (23 in) W x 340 mm (13.4 in) H
24V 10AH per battery
Up to 9 miles with 1 battery or 18 miles with 2 batteries
62 cm (24 in)
Safe working load
110 kg (17 st)
Do you have a disability
or long term condition?
Find our showroom
Talk to an expert 01473 741 144
Free expert advice
Full product set up & delivery
Training & best practise tips
Complete aftersales support