HelpFall Terms and Conditions of Use
Who we are and what this agreement does
We are FELGAINS LIMITED of 33 Knightsdale Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 4JJ, and we provide patient handling and care equipment solutions to multiple environments in the health and care sector. These are the terms of license that apply to the use of the post falls decision making tool called HELPFALL (“HELPFALL”) that we make accessible via a QR code.
What is HELPFALL?
HELPFALL is designed for use by qualified healthcare professionals such as care staff in care homes or domiciliary care settings. HELPFALL supports qualified healthcare professionals to safely assess a person who has fallen and decide whether to assist or lift them from the floor using safe manual handling techniques and equipment.
Only a qualified healthcare professional is able to make a complete assessment of the person who has fallen, and to evaluate the relevance of the information and advice provided by HELPFALL.
HELPFALL is based, with kind permission, on South Western Ambulance NHS Foundation Trust Post Falls Guidance Pack for Care Providers (🡥), and is based on guidance from sources such as NICE and the National Patient Safety Agency. The guidance covers most situations care staff should encounter when a person falls in a care home or domiciliary care setting, but it cannot foresee every possible scenario. It must be used together with clinical judgement (in nursing homes), common sense and in line with the duty of care. It is not designed to replace a clinical risk assessment and must be used in conjunction with existing manual handling policy. If there are any clinical concerns that arise after an assessment that puts in doubt whether a person should be moved or lifted, a senior clinician should be contacted. Clinical decision making can be used to override the HELPFALL guidance, justified by the attending clinician.
You acknowledge that HELPFALL is solely a means to provide you with evidence-based advice to indicate the appropriate care pathway for a person who has a fall. All clinical decisions taken by you regarding a person in your care (making use of such advice or otherwise) shall be your sole responsibility. Felgains excludes all liability in respect of such clinical decision making.
Any training content provided by Felgains on the use of HelpFall is limited to the safe and competent operation of the product itself, and does not in any way constitute or replace clinical education.
Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008, it’s understood there are inherent risks in carrying out care and treatment, and a post fall response will not be considered unsafe if a provider can demonstrate all reasonable steps to ensure the health and safety of the person have been taken, and to manage risks that may arise during care and treatment.
Operating system requirements
HELPFALL requires a tablet or smartphone with a camera and/or QR code scanner that has internet access.
You are responsible for the security of your computer, telecommunications systems and networks at all times including the transmission of any data across such systems and networks. Felgains shall not be liable to you for the loss of any material or data uploaded onto HELPFALL and/or the servers used to provide it.
Support for HELPFALL and how to tell us about problems
Support. If you want to learn more about HELPFALL or using HELPFALL, please take a look at our HelpFall support & resources page here: https://www.felgains.com/helpfall/support-resources/
Feedback. Links to feedback forms can be found here https://forms.office.com/r/UBBAY5yNjq and https://forms.office.com/r/jHn3tTP94E.
Contacting us (including with complaints). If you think HELPFALL is faulty or misdescribed or wish to contact us for any other reason, please email our customer service team at [email protected] or call them on 01473 741144.
How we will communicate with you. If we have to contact you, we will do so by email, by telephone or by pre-paid post, using the contact details you have provided to us.
How you may use HELPFALL
In return for your agreeing to comply with these terms you:
- May access and use HELPFALL for the purpose for which it is designed and set out in the section “What is HELPFALL” above.
- Accept that the assessment generated by HELPFALL relies on the accurate and truthful input of information and answers by you. False, misleading and inaccurate information and answers will result in an inaccurate assessment.
- Accept that the assessment generated by HELPFALL primarily designed to be clinically suitable for any person over the age of 65 and may not be clinically suitable for any person under this age.
Update to HELPFALL
From time to time, we may automatically update HELPFALL to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. HELPFALL will always work with the current or previous version of the operating system (as it may be updated from time to time) and match the description of it provided to you when you first used it, unless we notify you otherwise.
If someone else owns the phone or device you are using
Where the phone or device is owned by your employer, agency or other organisation, you are responsible for using or accessing HELPFALL on that phone or device is accordance with your employer, agency or other organisation’s mobile device policy.
We are not responsible for other websites you link to
HELPFALL may contain links to other independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
You agree that you will:
- except in the course of permitted sharing (see “How you may use HELPFALL”) not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, HELPFALL in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
- not copy HELPFALL, except as part of the normal use of HELPFALL or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of HELPFALL nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are necessary to decompile HELPFALL to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with HELPFALL or with another program (Permitted Objective), and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is not disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it in order to achieve the Permitted Objective; and
- is not used to create any software that is substantially similar in its expression to HELPFALL;
- is kept secure; and
- is used only for the Permitted Objective; and
- comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by HELPFALL.
Acceptable use restrictions
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of HELPFALL;
- not use HELPFALL in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from our servers.
Intellectual property rights
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We are not liable for business losses. HELPFALL is for domestic and private use. If you use HELPFALL for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
If we end your rights to use HELPFALL:
- You must delete or remove HELPFALL from all devices in your possession and immediately destroy all copies of HELPFALL which you have and confirm to us that you have done this.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else
We may suspend or withdraw HELPFALL
We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our website for business or operational reasons.
No rights for third parties
This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later
Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings
We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with HELPFALL, please contact us as soon as possible. If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our internal complaint handling procedure, we will let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you and give you certain information if required by law about any alternative dispute resolution provider.