Invacare TDX SP2 NB Electric Wheelchair
The Invacare TDX SP2 NB is a high-performance electric wheelchair designed for active people looking for a powered wheelchair that enables them to get around without limits. Combining impressive outdoor capabilities with a mid-wheel drive & a narrow wheelbase, the TDX SP2 NB offers first class indoor manoeuvrability.
Why we recommend
- The TDX is aptly named for offering a ‘total driving experience’. If you’re looking for an electric wheelchair that’s modern and stylish but also offers great functionality and performance both indoors and out, consider the TDX SP2 NB. Its modular design is great if you need to make adjustments as your needs change and coming from the trusted Invacare family of electric wheelchairs you can be confident it will serve you for the long term.
- Tip: If you like the TDX SP2 NB but need a higher weight capacity or a greater driving range, you can upgrade from the narrow base version to the TDX SP2. Contact us for more details about the different models within the TDX range.
Standard features include a telescopic seat frame with stepless adjustments and manual seat tilt and back recline (see standard configuration). With a huge range of prescription options, including powered seat tilt and recline, you can customise your TDX exactly as you want.
The Modulite seating system is incredibly versatile and adaptable to fit your pressure relief and postural support needs. It includes everything from tension adjustable upholstery to the flexible Flex 3 backrest with a range of accessories like lateral supports. A Teens Modulite version is available for younger users, as well as a HD version for users up to 180kg. The seating system also interfaces with Matrx rigid backrest options for optimised support and positioning where needed.
Featuring SureStep® suspension technology, together with Stability Lock function, the TDX provides superior safety and stability. A safe, stable and intuitive driving experience across all terrains and offering great looks, the TDX SP2 NB is ideal if you’re an active person looking to get the maximum from your powerchair. The patented SureStep® suspension technology lets you negotiate obstacles in a stable seating position and enables a smooth ride even while tackling challenging surfaces. The Stability Lock function that kicks in when base and front castors start tipping forward relative to rear castors ensures all six wheels stay firmly on the ground, providing even more stability.
The TDX is equipped with the new LiNX control system, which is programmable wirelessly via Bluetooth for a completely tailored driving experience. Bringing modern technology to the powerchair market, the innovative REM400 interactive remote with a 3.5in colour touchscreen has fully configurable driving profiles to suit your physical and cognitive abilities. You can connect to multiple devices simultaneously and use the mouse mover and switch control functionality to control your PC, laptop or smart phone.
Maintaining a consistent speed when driving over uneven terrain, camber or incline can be tricky and tiring. The LiNX system’s load compensation is constantly analysing and reacting to any differences between what should be happening with what is happening. The results are greater control, improved hold on slopes and greatly improved drive over soft surfaces at low speeds.
Other features include:
- Single sided forks minimise the front width of the base with no protruding screws or fork parts.
- Quiet DuraWatt motors with sealed lifetime brushes reduce potential brush tolerance issues.
- Interchangeable shroud and rims create over 100 colour combinations
- Full range of modular seating
- Electric seat recline, seat tilt and seat riser
- Electric elevating legrests
- Choice of LiNX controls
- Choice of headrest styles
- Choice of armrest styles
- Choice of central footboard or individual footrests
- Customisable, interchangeable colour shrouds
- Puncture-proof tyres
- 6 mph motor
- G-Trac technology
- LED lights and indicators
- OptiCharge Charger 10A (200 – 250V) – 20% faster charging
*Contact us for a full prescription form
- Telescopic adjustable seat width from 330mm – 530mm (13 – 21 in) with extra 50mm (2 in) by arms
- Seat depths 410mm – 560mm (16 – 22 in), stepless adjustment
- Tension adjustable backrest
- Standard T-Armrests, detachable with short armpad
- Manual settable seat Tilt 0° – 20°
- Manual settable backrest Recline 0° – 30° in 3.75° steps
- Standard 80° hangers with fixed footplate LiNX control REM110 with standard bracket
- Selection of 10 shroud and rim colours
- Centre (driving wheels) 355mm x 76mm (14 x 3 in)
- Black tyres with Gel inserts (Solid)
- 6 km/h (4mph)
- 4 Pole motors and 50Ah batteries
- 4 Point tie down system
- Lapbelt with autolock (adjustable both sides)
Length 1160 mm (46 in) Width 610 mm (24 in) Seat height 450 – 775 mm (18 – 31 in) (with lifter) Seat depth 410 – 510 mm (16 – 20 in) Seat width 380 – 530 mm (15 – 21 in) Maximum speed 4 mph Batteries 1 x 50 Ah Maximum range 16 miles Turning radius 1120 mm (44 in) Safe working load 136 kg (21 st) Warranty 2 years Crash Tested Yes
Do you have a disability
or long term condition?
Find our showroom
Talk to an expert 01473 741 144
Free expert advice
Full product set up & delivery
Training & best practise tips
Complete aftersales support